Six people escape burning home in NW Harris Co.

November 26, 2010 6:09:45 AM PST
A still-smoldering smoker used to cook Thanksgiving dinner could be the reason behind a house fire in north Harris County overnight. It happened at a home on Laketree near Oaklynn around 1:30am. The homeowner says the pit they used to smoke a ham was corroded on the bottom and was next to a pine tree. Firefighters believe the pine needles caught fire and then burned a fence they were touching.

Six people were inside the home at the time. Luckily, everyone made it out OK.


Load Comments