Unattended stove being blamed for apartment fire

November 15, 2010 4:23:53 AM PST
Food left cooking on a stove is likely the cause of a late night apartment fire. Around 8:30pm on Sunday, firefighters were called out to the Lodge Apartments on Corporate Drive at Beechnut in far southwest Houston. Firefighters say a woman in a downstairs unit was cooking, when she apparently forgot about her meal, minutes later, and the kitchen was in flames.

Firefighters tapped out the fire before it spread to other units. No one was hurt.


Load Comments