Unattended stove may be to blame for apartment fire

May 23, 2010 6:07:53 AM PDT
A resident was asleep when he started smelling smoke in his apartment in west Houston. It happened around 4am at The Stratford Village Apartments off Kimberly Lane. The resident who first smelled the smoke says he realized his kitchen was on fire. He says he may have left his stove on. He lives downstairs, and the flames spread upstairs.

When Houston firefighters got to the scene they found heavy flames coming from the two-story building. They made a fast attack, and quickly got the fire under control. Two apartments burned, and two others suffered smoke and water damage.


Load Comments