Fire forces family out of their SE Houston home

March 1, 2010 4:16:23 AM PST
A dryer caught fire inside a southeast Houston home while the family was doing laundry last night. The fire started around 10pm at a home on Garden Parks near Ballantine. Fire officials say there was some type of electrical shortage with the dryer and it caught fire, along with a clothes hamper. It soon spread to the attic.

"Mostly smoke damage esd confined to the garage and to the attic area. The rest of the house is in pretty good shape," said District Chief James Soukup with the Houston Fire Department. "We had a family -- a husband, wife and child -- that were at home at the time of the fire, and discovered the fire and smoke."

That family was awake ejrm time the fire started. They were able to make it out safely.


Load Comments