Inflatable gorilla causes fire at strip center

Firefighters say a blow up gorilla used for advertising is the culprit in an overnight strip center fire
January 28, 2010 6:54:48 AM PST
A fire on Houston's south side is being blamed on an unusual suspect. Firefighters say an inflatable gorilla is to blame. The flames sparked around 2am off Cullen near the South Beltway. Firefighters found a small fire. After they put it out, they spotted the problem.

"Apparently there's some type of a blowup doll on the roof. It for some reason deflated and landed on some lights," said District Chief Fred Hooker with the Houston Fire Department.

Two stores suffered minor water damage.

Load Comments