Fire destroys mobile home near Pearland

January 3, 2010 8:30:28 PM PST
A family of five is homeless after a fire tore through their trailer. The frame is all that's left of the mobile home on Airline near Oleander just outside Pearland. Homeowner Miranda Selvera says she and her three sons were in the living room Sunday evening when she smelled smoke. They got out safely and could only watch as their home of 14 years burned to the ground.

"I lost everything. The shoes on my feet aren't even mine. It hasn't sunk in. I'm horrified. I don't want anybody to ever have to go through this," Selvera said.

Selvera believes a space heater sparked the flames.


Load Comments