Patients evacuated during minor incident

December 11, 2009 2:15:35 PM PST
A midday incident forced the brief evacuation of about a dozen patients from a Houston hospital facility. Shortly after noon, a heating element inside a heater started smoking out at the Triumph Hospital Central Houston at 105 Drew Street. According to Tommy Dowdy with the Houston Fire Department, a fire extinguisher was used to put it out. The dry chemicals used in the extinguisher can cause respiratory problems in some people, so people were evacuated as a precaution.

A smell of smoke in at least one of the rooms and a slight haze in the hallways were reported.

Seventeen patients were rolled outside in beds. After 15 minutes or so, they were allowed back inside. No injuries were reported.


Load Comments