Fire breaks out in HS bathroom

October 23, 2009 11:14:11 AM PDT
Students at Galveston's Ball High School got an unexpected opportunity to enjoy the weather during the school day.The Galveston Fire Department responded to a fire that originated in a bathroom in the ROTC wing on the east side of the school around 11am. Students and faculty waited outside for just over an hour as crews put out the fire and assessed the damage, which amounted to minor harm done to hallway and bathroom walls by smoke.

Classes resumed as scheduled after school officials received an all-clear from the fire department.

There is no information at this time as to what started the fire. No scheduled events at the school have been cancelled and no students will be sent home from school.

      QUICK HEADLINES | MORE LOCAL | GET NEWS ALERTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABC13 SOCIAL NETWORKING
Find us on Facebook® | Follow us on Twitter | More social networking
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MORE FROM ABC13
ABC13 widget | Most popular stories | Street-level weather
ABC13 wireless | Slideshow archive | Help solve crimes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Load Comments