Child burned with hot water during bath

July 18, 2008 5:58:48 PM PDT
A six-week-old baby is recovering from burns she suffered during a bath with hot water.It happened Thursday afternoon at a home on Fieldbloom Lane in Sugar Land. The preliminary investigation by patrol deputies revealed a six-week-old female was being bathed when she was accidentally burned by hot water from a faucet.

A follow-up investigation by detectives determined an older sibling had accidentally turned the hot water on the infant.

The baby was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Doctors say the infants injuries weren't life threatening. It was more like a severe sunburn. The infant is expected to be released from the hospital later today.

As with all injuries to children, a referral was made to CPS.

      Headlines at a glance | News in your community | RSS feeds
           Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes


Load Comments