Four people are in the hospital after a fire broke out at their Conroe area apartment complex.
The flames were first spotted around 7:28pm last night at the Bellshire Apartments son 800 Bellshire Drive in Conroe.
Crews were on scene within minutes of the call and began attacking flames coming from the top of a two story building. The fire destroyed or damaged at least eight units. The Red Cross is helping those renters.
The injuries suffered by the four people taken to the hospital are not know, but firefighters believe those injuries are minor.
Firefighters believe the food left on the stove is to blame for the fire. The building did not have a sprinkler system, allowing the flames to spread quickly from the kitchen to other units.
More TOP STORIES News