Grease fire to blame for blaze at Pasadena family's home

PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A grease fire quickly spread out of control, destroying a family's home in Pasadena.

Firefighters were called to the home on Marshall at James around 12:30am this morning. Several residents who live at the house all safely evacuated.

The residents told firefighters they tried to put out the grease fire on their own, but it quickly spread to the rest of the home. The chief said not calling 911 right away caused a delayed response.

No one got hurt.
Related topics:
Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.