HARRIS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- A precautionary boil water notice was lifted for areas served by Harris County Utility District 16 water system.
On Thursday, Inframark told Eyewitness News that the notice was due to a water outage caused by a main line break.
The water boil notice lasted about three days.
"The public water system has taken the necessary corrective actions to restore the quality of the water distributed by this public water system used for drinking water or human consumption purposes and has provided TCEQ with laboratory test results that indicate that the water no longer requires boiling prior to use as of today April 22, 2023," Inframark said on Saturday in a statement to ABC13.
Utility District 16 is situated east of the Hardy Toll Road and bound to the west by Imperial Valley Drive. The district goes as far north as Richey Road and as far south as Rankin Road.
Neighborhoods that fall under the district include Sycamore Bend, Imperial Plaza, Imperial Green, Meadowview Farms, and a portion of Northridge Park.
What to do after a boil water notice
According to the CDC, when a food service establishment is notified that the boil water advisory has been lifted and the drinking water
supply is safe, the following actions need to be taken:
- Flush pipes throughout the facility by running each faucet with cold water for (X)minutes.
- Flush, clean, and sanitize appliances that use tap water (such as beverage dispensers, spray misters, coffeeand tea urns, ice machines, glass washers, and dishwashers) according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Flush hot water tanks.
- Run drinking fountains continuously for (X0 minutes to flush the system.
- Replace and sanitize water filter cartridges according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Take proper steps to flush ice machines by following the manufacturer's instructions,including:
- Throw out any remaining ice.
- Flush the water line to the machine inlet.
- Close the valve on the water line behind the machine.
- Disconnect the water line from the machine inlet.
- Open the valve and run 5 gallons of water through the valve.
- Dispose of the water.
- Close the valve.