Shrimp And Grits Tacos
- 1.5 cups stone-ground grits (not instant)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 whole milk
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 8 oz prepared queso
Cook grits in whole milk, hold remaining 1 1/2 cup warm to add as needed once grits are cooked through. Add frozen corn and queso. Be sure entire mixture is warm and appropriate texture.
- 5 medium sized shrimp
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/2 bottle Cholula (4oz, about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup lime juice
Mix all ingredients except shrimp thoroughly. Sautee shrimp. Once they become opaque, deglaze pan with about 2 tablespoons of sauce.
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped roughly
Combine all ingredients.
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Queso Oaxaca
- Non-stick spray
Cook cheese over medium high heat until crispy. Flip and cook until both sides are crispy. Use non-stick spray liberally.
Start with warm flour tortilla, top with grits, sauteed shrimp and sauce, corn relish and bits of crispy cheese.
More Berryhill Baja Grill