Kuu Restaurant's Savory Butternut Squash soup
- 2 lbs Butternut Squash (cut in half lengthwise and deseeded)
- 1/2 lb Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (no sodium)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Toss squash with 1 Tbsp of olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Roast at 350 till tender (around 1 hr) then reserve.
- Heat up large pot with 1 Tbsp olive oil till oil starts to glisten then add onions. Caramelize onions then add your roasted squash and stir.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 min on medium heat.
- Add the cream, cinnamon, honey, cayenne and cook for another 10 min on medium heat being sure to stir often as not to burn pot.
- Remove from heat and blend till smooth. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. If needed you can add a little more vegetable stock in case the soup is too thick.
- Serve hot.
Tap here for even more Thanksgiving recipes!