- 2- 12 ounce bags of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (can substitute orange juice)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- juice and zest of one orange
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Agave or to taste (optional, can use stevia to taste as well)
- Add cranberries, pineapple juice, applesauce and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Keep on medium heat, stirring constantly until the cranberries start to explode (about 10-15 minutes).
- Reduce to a simmer and pour the juice and zest over the cranberry mixture.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat.
- Store in the fridge at least 4 hours, preferably overnight before serving.
*This recipe is not as sweet as the typical store versions, but is certainly fresh, fruity and tart! If you prefer it sweeter, add natural sweeteners to taste, based on your bitterness tolerance!