French Bulldog rescued from house fire caused by electric wheelchair in Cypress

CYPRESS, Texas (KTRK) -- Firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire in the Cypress Creek Lakes subdivision, officials say.

At about 4:18 p.m., the Cy-Fair Fire Department responded to a house fire at the 10000 Block of Beacon Crossing Lane.

Upon arrival, firefighters say they found fire coming from the garage, with an extension to the attic.

Firefighters made entry and rescued a French Bulldog that was trapped inside.

The dog is reported to be in good condition and was reunited with its owner, CFFD says.

Officials say a charging electric wheelchair in the garage caused the fire.

Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.