Students served soup with bugs

January 27, 2009 4:41:53 PM PST
A letter was sent home to some parents in Montgomery County warning them that some children were served food contaminated with weevils, a type of small beetle. [SIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]

The bugs were found in the chicken noodle soup served to a small portion of second and third grade students at Peach Creek Elementary in the Splendora school district.

The weevils were from a container of dehydrated parsley. The product has since been thrown away.

The health department says the bugs should not make students sick.

      Headline check | 100 most recent local stories | News alerts
            Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Help solve crimes