Pearland man injured after propane canister explosion in garage

Firefighters respond to a report of a house explosion in Pearland.
December 27, 2013 2:42:44 PM PST
Authorities say a Pearland resident was injured after a propane canister in his garage exploded and lit his garage on fire.

It happened around 3pm at a home in the 5100 block of Rockland.

According to Pearland officials, a man was cooking inside his garage when a propane canister exploded. The man suffered minor burns to his hands and face and was transported by ground to a hospital.

The garage was damaged by fire, but the blaze was quickly contained by Pearland firefighters.

The victim's daughter also was inside the house at the time of the explosion but was uninjured.

Pearland authorities are still on the scene investigating but say the incident appears to be an accident.

Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices


Load Comments