Students relocated due to electrical problem

Firefighters were called to HISD's Kolter Elementary School this morning because there was a smoke smell in the building.

April 30, 2013 3:34:29 PM PDT
Some elementary school students have a little bit of a change of scenery today, thanks to an electrical problem at their school.

Firefighters were called to HISD's Kolter Elementary School this morning because there was a smoke smell in the building. They determined the problem was an electrical issue in the main office.

According to school principal Steven Shetzer, all students and staff were immediately evacuated as a safety precaution. Repairs will take longer than anticipated, so all students have been relocated to Johnston Middle School at 10410 Manhattan for the remainder of the school day.

Children will be provided lunch and their teachers and staff will be with them throughout the day. If parents choose to pick up their children prior to dismissal, they can report to the Johnston Middle School main office.

Dismissal will occur at the regular hour from Johnston Middle School. Students' regular bus routes will depart from Johnston at dismissal.

All afterschool programs for today have been cancelled. If you have any questions, you can call 713-726-3616.
___________________________________________________________

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices