Fire breaks out at senior living community

December 23, 2012 6:56:53 PM PST
A fire at a senior living apartment community prompted evacuations and sent three residents to the hospital Sunday.

The blaze broke out around 4:30pm at the Copperwood Apartments at the 4400 block of South Panther Creek.

Authorities tell us a woman was cooking on a stove when her kitchen caught fire. The kitchen was damaged and smoke filled the first floor.

The woman and two neighbors were transported for smoke inhalation, but officials say they are expected to make complete recoveries.

Residents smelled smoke and then heard alarms. They were evacuated and then allowed to return to their homes after firefighters got the situation under control.

No serious injuries were reported.

Load Comments