The four-month-long search for missing 82-year-old Lillian High came to a tragic end at a pond in southeast Houston.
2) Cypress residents spend weekend cleanup up after flooding
In July, flooding rains fell in southeast Houston, which helped to end drought conditions, but left many neighborhoods flooded.
3) Cops: Nurse kidnapped baby after miscarriage
Investigators revealed why Verna McClain may have wanted to kill a mother and take her baby. Not only that, but police say the attack on Kala Golden Schuchardt was totally random, so it could have been anyone in that parking lot who could have been killed.
4) Tornadoes touch down in parts of Houston
In January, wild weather left its mark on southeast Texas. Tornadoes touched down in both Pearland and Brenham, leaving behind a big mess to clean up.
5) Two killed, dozens hurt in massive I-10 pileup
Two people were killed Thanksgiving morning and more than 100 were injured in a nearly 150-vehicle pileup that forced the closure of Interstate 10 in both directions near Beaumont.
6) 1 killed, 2 wounded in Surfside Beach shooting
One person was killed and two people were wounded Saturday night in a shooting on Surfside Beach, and police say the shooting may be connected to a party there.
7) Authorities: Kidnapped newborn of fatally shot mom found alive
Authorities say they've found the three-day-old baby who was kidnapped after his mother was fatally shot outside a Montgomery County doctor's office.
8) Rape victim wins $20M verdict against apartments
A Harris County jury has awarded $20 million in damages to a woman who sued after she was raped in her apartment complex three years ago. She says her apartment complex should have warned residents that there was a predator on the loose.
9) Mom defends fiance accused of beating her son
A woman's baby is dead and her boyfriend is in jail, accused of killing him. Now, she's telling us what she says happened.
10) Family claims to see image of Jesus in moldy shower
A family in Splendora claims they have a holy vision inside their home, an image of Jesus created by mold in a bathroom. They say the image is giving them strength.