Family displaced by house fire in east Houston

January 7, 2012 3:29:25 PM PST
Fire officials are blaming an east Houston house fire on an electrical short.

The blaze broke out around 6am Saturday at a one-story home on Avenue N at North 71st Street.

When firefighters arrived, flames were shooting from a bedroom on the right side of the structure.

The family had already made it out safely, officials said.

The fire chief on scene had to call for extra manpower to get the flames under control, but they had the blaze out in about 20 minutes.

Firefighters helped residents pull what belongings were left out of their home.

Investigators said they believe the fire was started by an electrical short in a socket where a heater was connected.


Load Comments