Smoking in bed may have caused house fire

A mother and her son run out of their northeast Houston home after a fire breaks out.

June 2, 2011 4:55:12 AM PDT
A cigarette may be the cause of a house fire in northeast Houston. This happened at the home on King near Jensen around midnight. Firefighters say a man was smoking in bed when the mattress caught fire. He tried to put it out, but the flames began to spread. The man and his mother escaped the home unharmed.

Firefighters arrived and managed to contain the fire to the bedroom and part of the attic. No one was hurt.

Load Comments