Coach falls ill at high school pool

April 26, 2010 4:06:51 PM PDT
A high school coach fell ill Monday afternoon due to a chlorine leak at the school's campus. According to HISD spokesperson Sarah Osbourne, early in the afternoon, a coach at Lamar High School who helps maintain the pool was having difficulty breathing due to a chlorine leak. HFD's HazMat team was called to the school and capped the leak.

The coach was taken to Methodist Hospital to be checked out. No other students or staff was affected by the leak. The pool is housed separately from the rest of the campus.


Load Comments