The freezing temps are rushing in, but have you made a plan to get car ready for the cold?
Gas Buddy is offering these tips:
- Keep an eye on your oil, washer fluid levels, and anti-freeze... and you may want to switch to a winter formula.
- Do a test run of your heater and de-froster to make sure they are working well.
- Winter weather can mean rain, so make sure your windshield wipers don't leave streaks behind. Or upgrade to a winter blade that can handle snow and ice, if you plan to take a road trip to colder climates.
- Check your tires -- Rainy and icy conditions can be especially dangerous if your tread is low.
- Clean up any corrosion around your car's battery... According to triple-a... your car batter loses 35% of its strength at 32 degrees farenheit.
- Get your emergency kit ready! Pack an ice scraper, flashlight, flares, jumper cables, snacks, water, jumper cables, and a phone charger.
- Getting your car tuned up now will keep you from expensive repairs down the road.