Cypress woman severely burned in nail polish remover accident

(KTRK)

Authorities say a woman using nail polish remover close to a candle is to blame for a fire last night in Cypress. The 20-year-old woman received third-degree burns over half her body.

It happened just after 9pm in the 19300 block of Poppy Grove Lane.

Harris County Fire Marshal's Office Captain Dean Hensley said in a release, "The investigation found that a flash fire occurred when the victim was using finger nail polish remover near a candle that ignited the vapors."

She was taken to the hospital by LifeFlight.

Damage to the home was minimal.
Related Topics:
burn injurieshouse fireCypress
(Copyright ©2018 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)