Hoverboard blamed for causing fire that destroyed mansion

KTRK logo
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
EMBED <>More Videos

A family in Nashville says a hoverboard is to blame for a fire that devastated their home

NASHVILLE, TN (KTRK) -- A family in Nashville, Tennessee, says a hoverboard burned down their home.

Homeowner Megan Fox told station WZTV, "The fact that a toy cause this kind of destruction to our lives it's just wrong."

The family says lithium batteries on their hoverboard caught fire and destroyed their mansion. They bought it on Amazon.com, which has since stopped selling hoverboards.

The government says it's investigating dozens of fires across the U.S. believed to be caused by hoverboards.