Lawsuit claims Waco water park gave man brain-eating amoeba

WACO, Texas (KTRK) -- The mother of a New Jersey man who died of a rare "brain-eating amoeba" after visiting a Texas surf resort has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the water park.

RELATED: Brain-eating amoebas: 8 things you need to know

Health officials say testing found evidence of the rare but deadly amoeba at one of the four attractions at the BSR Cable Park and Surf Resort in Waco. Fabrizio Stabile was 29 when he died on Sept. 21 from an infection, which can happen when contaminated water enters the body through the nose.

RELATED: Mom outraged surf resort remained opened after investigation into 'brain-eating amoeba'

EMBED More News Videos

Mom upset surf resort remained opened after CDC investigation.



The park says it's since installed a new water filtration system.
Copyright © 2019 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.