Smokers who opt for electronic or "e-cigarettes," thinking it is a safer choice, could be at risk for a debilitating lung disease.
Researchers say most flavored e-cigs contain a chemical called diacetyl. It has been linked to a crippling respiratory disease called obliterative bronchiolitis, or "popcorn lung."
The disease first appeared in workers who inhaled artificial butter flavoring from microwave popcorn.
The news is concerning to many health experts because of the popularity of e-cigs with young adults between the ages of 18 and 24.
E-cigs could put you at risk for debilitating lung disease