This Spinach and Artichoke Dip is like the one served at Houston's restaurants
Serve this creamy, hot dip with tortilla chips.
Prep. Time: 0:40
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 Tbls. minced onion OR 1 Tbls. dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- (2) 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach - thawed, squeezed dry
- 12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, saut garlic and onion in butter until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling.
- Once boiling, stir in Romano, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.
- Sprinkle cheddar evenly over top(s).
- At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired.
- Microwave dip on 50 percent power just until cheese has melted.
Notes: Serve with tortilla chips for dipping and sour cream and salsa.
Credit: Robbie's recipes