Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 cups finely chopped leftover turkey (white, dark, or a combo is fine)
- 1 white onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-4 green onion sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce (find on the Asian/International aisle of supermarket)
- 2 tbsp. oil (I recommend vegetable, peanut, or cottonseed oil)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Whole lettuce leaves (I recommend bibb lettuce, romaine, or iceberg)
- Sweat the onion and garlic in oil on medium heat until translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add turkey, hoisin, vinegar, soy, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and immediately add water chestnuts, green onion, and cashews.
- Scoop even spoonfulls into the lettuce leaves and enjoy!
*This dish can be served hot, cold, or at room temperature