- 4 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces, skin on
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage
- 4 egg yolks separated from the white
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover potatoes completely. Bring to a boil with the lid on and remove the lid once brought to a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes completely and add back to the hot pot. Combine the remaining ingredients with the potatoes and mash while still hot until potatoes are smooth.