HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The American Red Cross is relaunching its webpage for Hurricane Harvey survivors who need the immediate help.
The organization suffered a "site outage" due to a large number of people applying for $400 vouchers.
Last week, the Red Cross indicated it will launch the new site today that should handle the applications without incident.
Registration will remain open until Oct. 10. Those living in the state's 39-county disaster declaration area, which includes the Houston area, are eligible to apply.
The organization said it is currently reviewing applications for those who were earlier able to get through the original website.
"In the meantime, the Red Cross is processing registrations for pending applicants whose registrations were not completed when the system became overloaded. For example, because of the system overload, some applicants did not receive reference codes or were unable to select payment methods. We are working to resolve those registrations within the next few days. Qualified applicants will receive a text or email with instructions for completing the process," the Red Cross said in a statement.
You can apply for assistance at the American Red Cross website.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff
American Red Cross relaunches Harvey aid site after overwhelming demand
More TOP STORIES News