Here's what's on tap.
Remembering Prince Philip and his last visit to Houston
Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth and the longest serving British consort, died Friday at the age of 99 - just a couple of months shy of his 100th birthday.
The longtime couple had been married since 1947, and it was upon their marriage that he became the Duke of Edinburgh.
While Philip officially retired from royal duties in 2017 at the age of 96, his life was full of momentous occasions. He'd carried out more than 22,219 solo engagements and more than 630 solo overseas visits.
He was also the first member of the royal family to be interviewed on television.
You can take a look back at his life in our British Royal Family collection.
The following are among the titles streaming now on demand:
- Remembering Prince Philip: Look back at life of longtime royal
- Queen Elizabeth visits Houston in 1991
- The Queen and the Baptist: Royals visit Houston's oldest Black Baptist church
- How Queen Elizabeth won over Texans during trip to Austin
- The Queen is coming! How Houston prepared
- Philip visits with veterans at VA Hospital during Houston trip
- See more from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's trip to Houston
ABC News special: "Hope & Desperation: Emergency at the Border"
For one week only, this ABC News Live special will be available free on our streaming apps.
It gives an unflinching and comprehensive look at the border crisis as it presently unfolds.
Anchored by ABC News Correspondent John Quiñones from Dallas, the special features the first U.S. interview with Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei and reporting from ABC News Anchors and Correspondents Juju Chang, Cecilia Vega, Martha Raddatz, Marcus Moore, Matt Gutman and Terry Moran who, for the past month, have covered this border story.
The ABC News Live special also looks at the efforts to reunite families, Customs and Border Protection officers in Arizona and Texas share how they patrol the border and experts, lawmakers and political figures will add context and commentary.
Look for this title now in the Top News collection.
Take care of you
With the COVID-19 pandemic passing the one year mark, we know it's weighed on many people not just financially, but also mentally.
We also want you to know it's OK to admit if you're struggling. In an effort to help, ABC13's Mayra Moreno hosted a town hall on COVID-19 and mental health.
Over the course of an hour, Mayra talked to doctors and mental health advocates to provide five viable ways to help support someone who is struggling.
You can watch the entire event in our Action 13 Town Halls collection.
Live coverage - The death of George Floyd: Derek Chauvin on trial
The murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in the death of Houston native George Floyd began on March 29. But we'll have full coverage of the trial from gavel to gavel.
It's already been emotional as prosecutors and the defense laid out their cases in the opening statements. Day 2 saw witness testimony from the teenager who shot the video of Floyd under the knee of Chauvin.
A former wrestler trained in mixed martial arts also took the stand for a second day as a witness.
But the trial is having an effect in Houston, too as a Texas Southern University law student explained how the case is being used as a learning tool.
To watch live, anchored coverage, check our streaming apps starting at 9 a.m. on weekdays. Note that times can change.
Another important note: During the trial, video may be played as evidence that may include explicit language. The trial will not be aired on a delay. On the live, anchored coverage, there will be an on-screen warning to viewers that there may be explicit language aired.
You think you know, but you have no idea
You see them every day and welcome them into your home, but do you really know the anchors and reporters at ABC13?
If you're a fan of trivia and fast facts, you'll want to spend some time in the Get to Know Us section.
Here, you'll find out why Mayra Moreno has a personal connection to The Terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger, Erik Barajas' bromance, Melanie Lawson's hidden talent that will make you LOL, and why Elita Loresca was the first person we had to bleep! Don't worry though. Unlike "A Christmas Story" character Ralphie, who had to wash his mouth out with soap for dropping quite the bomb, Elita did not have to get friendly with Dial soap for this segment.
Topping the collection is a Q & A with ABC13's new Race and Culture reporter Cory McGinnis. It's all streaming now.
More local news when you need it
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many people's schedules, meaning they are working from home or waking up later.
If you're one of those people who've had to shift a bit, we're still here for you.
We're still on the air at 4:30 a.m. for the early birds, but for those still thinking about changing out of their pajamas (or maybe getting settled into them because no one can see your whole outfit on a Zoom call!), we now have an extra hour of news starting at 7 a.m.
So grab your cup of coffee for conversation about what you need to know for your day and what you missed while you were sleeping.
Then in primetime, including on the weekends, check out another hour of updates and weather when Eyewitness News streams at 9 p.m.
You can also stream our newscasts on weekend mornings.
- The Top 10: These are the most-watched stories and videos from the week, in case you missed anything. Look for these after 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Top News: This is where you'll find the most current stories of the day, especially about the latest on stimulus checks and when you can expect to get them, COVID-19 and crime trends, particularly when it comes to keeping you and your family safe. Scroll through here multiple times each day.
- Get hired!: With the COVID-19 pandemic creating a devastating effect on the economy and job market, ABC13 is dedicated to helping people who need to find gainful employment. Every Thursday at 11:30 a.m., reporter Nick Natario hosts a live virtual job fair in partnership with Workforce Solutions. Re-watch the latest job fair for tips on getting hired.
- We know many sports fans in Texas love their "Friday Night Lights" and high school football, but we've got a way for you to see even more high school sports than what's on the gridiron. ABC13 has teamed up with Texan Live for games of the week. When we have a game coming up, we'll update the date, time, schools and opponents in this story, so you'll want to bookmark that. Then head over to the streaming apps to watch the game free!
- Stream 'No Layups' live on Thursdays and Sundays at 1 p.m. The podcast with ABC13's David Nuno and Raheel Ramzanali goes there on a range of topics from sports to entertainment and pop culture. Guests change each week and have included big names like UFC fighter Michael Chandler, Astros star Lance McCullers Jr. and Reggaeton superstar Nicky Jam. Re-watch past episodes by going to ABC13 Originals and select the 'No Layups with David and Raheel' show.
Ok, I'm ready. How do I watch?
This is the easy part! We have a step-by-step guide to show you how to download the free ABC13 Houston apps for your Roku, Fire TV, Google TV or Apple TV. Follow this link to get started and get access to 24/7 live events, breaking news, weather and original programming, all free - no subscription or access codes needed.