The Dallas Cowboys quarterback and four-time Pro Bowler retired from playing on Tuesday and was officially released by the team.
Here are the quarterback options for the Houston Texans in the 2017 NFL Draft.
1. Davis Webb - Scouts say he has potential with the right coaching. Webb won't go until day three of the draft, making him a good get for the Texans.
2. Jarod Evans - Scouts say he may not be ready to enter the draft. They say Evans has trouble with his reads and his accuracy, especially throwing the deep ball.
3. Seth Russell - Scouts say he is injury prone. Russell had a broken bone in his neck back in 2015 and an ankle injury in 2016. Durability is a big question.
4. Mitch Trubisky - Scouts expect him to go in the first round, but he's arguably one of the best QB's entering the 2017 draft. Unless the Texans are willing to make some major moves, there's a good chance Mitch won't be there when the Texans pick at number 25 in the first round.
5. Pat Mahomes - Scouts expect him to go in the first or second round. If the Texans don't take an OT in the first round, like they are projected to, Mahomes could be a great option. Scouts say he has a very strong arm, great work ethic, and character. All things that fit the Texans-Bob McNair-Bill O'Brien mold.
6. Deshaun Watson - Scouts say he has all the tools and leadership qualities to be a great QB in the NFL. They are predicting him to go in the top 15, but if the Texans really want him they may be willing to trade up to get him.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff