The actor and his wife, Gena, appeared in the chamber on Tuesday. Norris has acted in many action and martial arts films over the decades, in addition to playing the title character in the "Walker" TV series from 1993 until 2001.
Norris was born in Oklahoma but now lives outside of Anderson, Texas, northwest of Houston. A conservative Christian, he's campaigned for some of the state's top Republicans, including with U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz during his White House run, and with now-Gov. Greg Abbott in 2014.
RELATED: Chuck Norris, wife honored for helping at risk children in Houston
For years now, Norris has been the center of popular online jokes attributing superhuman strength and impossible feats to him.
Here are some examples:
- Chuck Norris has a diary. It's called the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Giraffes were created when Chuck Norris uppercutted a horse.
- Chuck Norris doesn't cheat death. He wins fair and square.
- Chuck Norris once went to Mars. That's why there are no signs of life.
- Jack was nimble, Jack was quick, but Jack still couldn't dodge Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick.
- Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
- Brett Favre can throw a football over 50 yards. Chuck Norris can throw Brett Favre even further.
The Associated Press contributed to this post.
Report a typo to the ABC13 staff