16-month-old among 3 injured during outdoor kitchen explosion in Porter

PORTER, Texas (KTRK) -- A 16-month-old is among three victims injured in a fire caused by a gas explosion, authorities said.

It happened around 5:30 p.m. on Monday at a home on Riverwalk Drive. According to investigators, the explosion happened in an outdoor kitchen located in the backyard of the home.

They believe a gas oven may have played a role, but the incident remains under investigation.

Three people, including a 46-year-old, a 16-year-old and the toddler, were sent to the Memorial Hermann burn center. Investigators said they don't believe the injuries are critical.
Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.