It's the New Year, and we all have the best intentions of sticking to our resolutions. One of the hardest goals to keep up is actually working out and losing weight. So, Personal Trainer Hilary Hall shares her five tips to stick to our New Year's Weight Loss Resolutions.
Five Tips to Stick to Your Weight Loss Resolution
- 1. Have a plan! Plan out your ultimate goal and factor in how long that will take and how you plan to reward yourself along the way. I recommend starting with baby steps: Be realistic! The goal is to plan out an entire year of healthy eating with an adequate amount of exercise. Start as slowly as drinking half your body weight in ounces every day for a week. Then add a 30min walk into your schedule after dinner 3-5x/wk. Taking small steps like this will help you stick to the plan and not burn out by Feb.
2. Give yourself mini rewards. Your reward can be something as small as a new, fancy water bottle (because you've been sticking to your water regimen) or as big as waiting at least a month to reach a specific body fat measurement to earn a new outfit. Make it fun, but not food related.
3. Ask for help. Trainers and health/fitness bloggers want to help see you see your goal. Don't be afraid to reach out to them and ask your questions.
4. Get involved with other like-minded people that have similar goals. Surrounding yourself will help give you the support and often boost that you need.
5. Be held accountable. One of the best ways to be held accountable these days is on social media. Post to your friends what your plan is, and ask them to help you stick to it. Not only will you receive support from your friends, but with a couple hundred virtual eyes watching you, it's harder to fail!