If it seemed like Drake and Rihanna were everywhere this summer, that's because they were, according to a new list released by Spotify.
After aggregating user data from June through August, the music-streaming service on Tuesday announced the most popular songs of the summer. Drake claimed the top spot in the U.S. with "One Dance," and his collaboration with Rihanna, "Too Good," came in second, followed by Rihanna's "Needed Me."
"One Dance" also topped the global list, with "This Is What You Came For" and "Cheap Thrills" coming in second and third.
Spotify's analysts characterized this summer in pop music as "upbeat, edgy and memorable."
Here were the top 10 most-streamed songs in the country:
1. "One Dance," Drake (feat. Wiz Kid, Kyla)
2. "Too Good," Drake (feat. Rihanna)
3. "Needed Me," Rihanna
4. "This is What You Came For," Calvin Harris (feat. Rihanna)
5. "Controlla," Drake
6. "Panda," Desiigner
7. "Don't Let Me Down," The Chainsmokers (feat. Daya)
8. "Ride," Twenty One Pilots
9. "Cheap Thrills," Sia
10. "Heathens," Twenty One Pilots
You can listen to all the songs on Spotify's Songs of the Summer playlist (Warning: Some songs may contain explicit lyrics).
Here are the top 10 songs of the summer, according to Spotify
More TOP STORIES News