Royal HS students get day off after electrical fire

September 10, 2013 1:39:18 PM PDT
High school students in Brookshire got an unexpected day off when an electrical fire broke out at their campus.

Royal High School Superintendent Stacy Ackley says there was a small smoky fire caused by melting wires in the utility/breaker room causing the smoke alarms to go off. All power was off at the school, so students were released early.

Elementary school and junior high students will be released 15 minutes earlier than normal today. The problem is expected to be resolved this afternoon, so school will resume on Wednesday.

Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices

Load Comments