- 1 in 7 students, grades K-12 admit to being a victim of a bully, or doing some "bullying"
- It is estimated that each day over 160, 000 students miss school for fear of being bullied
- Physical bullying (hitting, kicking, tripping, pinching, damaging property)
- Verbal bullying (name calling, insults, intimidation)
- Covert bullying (harming someone's social reputation, cause humiliation)
- Cyberbullying (overt or covert, harassing someone via social media)
- Teach your child how to be assertive
- Teach your child not to fight back, get an adult involved in the situation
- Remind your child that all actions have consequences
- Listen to your child's concerns, ask questions
- Be aware of changes in behavior/habits
- Monitor the use of social media, set rules and guidelines
- Be a positive influence, kids learn by example
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices