Friends held a barbecue fundraiser Saturday at the Texxas Bar in Pasadena.
Proceeds will help pay for medical expenses for Michelle Cardenas and three-year-old Giovanni Regalado. They were hurt in a New Year's Eve fire in northeast Houston.
According to officials, there were two adults and four children in the house when it caught fire. Giovanni was burned on more than 60 percent of his body and his mother was burned on more than 75 percent of hers.
Saturday's benefit is part of a three-day fundraising effort that began Friday night.
Texxas Bar, located at 2611 Preston, will also be taking pledges and donations during the Super Bowl. If you would like to donate but can't make it out to the Sunday event, organizers said an account has been set up for donations at Wells Fargo in Giovanni's name.