Through the postal service's Letters from Santa program, parents can arrange for their children to receive a letter from the big man himself, complete with a postmark from the North Pole!
SEE ALSO: Fun facts about the North Pole
USPS provides the following instructions on its website for parents:
- Have the child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Write a personalized response to the child's letter and sign it "From Santa." See sample responses from Santa.
- Insert both letters into an envelope, and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
Once the letter arrives in Anchorage, Santa's helpers will take care of the rest.
Letters from Santa must be received in Anchorage by December 15 in order to ensure timely return.