Simon Property Group
The group, which owns The Galleria, Houston Premium Outlets and Katy Mills Mall, announced they will open their doors. However, it's unclear what capacity if all stores inside will reopen.
This group owns a handful of malls throughout the area, including Deerbrook, Baybrook, The Woodlands Mall, Willowbrook and First Colony Mall.
All five malls reopened beginning May 5 with the following hours: Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., and Sundays from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Curbside services are still available, but some amenities will remain closed, including valet services, play areas, stroller rentals, and mall-operated carousels.
You'll also need to visit each mall's page to determine which stores are part of the opening.
Pick-ups will take place in front of Entrance 2 of the enclosed portion of the mall, between Macy's and the former Sears location. For purchases made at the outdoor portion of the mall, pick-ups will take place closest to the retailer.
Pick-ups will take place in front of Entrance 2, located in the parking area under the AMC Theater.
First Colony Mall
Pick-ups will take place outside of Entrance 2, between JCPenney and Dick's Sporting Goods.
Pick-ups will take place at the mall food court entrance between Dillard's and Dick's Sporting Goods.
The Woodlands Mall
Pick-ups will take place at the north entrance of the mall between Nordstrom and JCPenney.
The outlet in Texas City has modified their hours to 11 a.m. through 7 p.m., individual retailer store hours will continue to vary.
Shoppers are encouraged to check with retailers before visiting. The mall plans to hold an official "Welcome Back Event" on Friday, May 15.
The following procedures are in place to ensure safety on the premises:
- Providing masks to all employees and contracted janitorial and security vendors and requiring these personnel to wear masks while on premises.
- Providing masks and hand sanitizer to customers in Shopper Services and encouraging the use of masks or other facial coverings by all shoppers and other visitors while onsite via signage throughout the property.
- Playgrounds, interactive features and gathering spaces are closed until further notice.
- Surfaces and areas of high traffic are regularly sanitized in accordance with health official recommendations.
- Social distancing floor decals, indicating distances of six feet, are stationed outside of retailer entrances, within Shopper Services and throughout the center.
- Tanger employees are asked to take their temperature prior to the start of each shift. Employees with temperatures exceeding 100.4 degrees or that exhibit other flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) are advised to stay home.
Memorial City Mall
The mall says it's sticking with its current curbside pick-up measures in place for now as they continue to make plans to reopen.
The mall will be open Monday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. for standard contact-free curbside pick-up at the north side parking lot between Macy's and Target.
You can park in designated curbside pick-up spaces. Contact the store with your parking space number and a store representative will place the order in your back seat or trunk.
To shop, you can go online to the retailer's website, add merchandise to your shopping cart, select "Store Pick-up" and simply pay for the order.
You can also call the Memorial City store location, talk to an associate and place your order over the phone. You will receive an email confirmation when your order is ready.
Ask your store representative about Same Day Delivery
Order pick-up using UNO Lockers: Available 24/7
- Memorial City Mall (north side between Macy's and Target)
- Enter your code on the UNO Locker touchscreen
- Grab your items from the open locker
- Additional charges may apply
Seeing as to this is a fluid situation, each property mentioned above said they are updating its websites with the most recent information, including hours of operation and store-by-store openings.
Follow Chelsey Hernandez on Twitter and Facebook.