Man dies after he and woman who had been shot drive to gas station for help in SW Houston

Charly Edsitty Image
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
EMBED <>More Videos

Man and woman drive to gas station for help after being shot

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Detectives with the Houston Police Department are trying to figure out what led up to a man and woman frantically pulling into a gas station with gunshot wounds around 6 a.m. Monday.

"At that moment, a lady had just fallen on the ground, and all I could see was bleeding," said Muhammad Ehsan, the clerk at 24 Seven store off of Blue Ridge and Fuqua.

According to HPD, a man and woman were inside a black Ford Escort when they pulled into the gas station and the woman got out to get help.

This was all captured on security cameras.

Ehsan tells ABC13 a customer had run inside the store to tell him what was going on.

Moments later, the store's phone rang and it was a 911 dispatcher asking Ehsan to render first aid to the victims.

"So at that moment I go outside and try to help the lady up, and at that moment, I saw the driver's side of the car - a kid - or a guy was slouched over and he was bleeding," he said.

Ehsan says the woman had a gunshot wound on her left arm and was barely conscious.

The male driver was still inside the car and did not survive.

"He drove here to the parking lot and then died right here," said Sergeant Mark Holbrook with HPD.

According to Holbrook, the man had multiple gunshot wounds.

"The dispatcher did ask me if (the man) was breathing or not. I wasn't able to check because I told them that he seems to be already passed away," Ehsan said.

It's unclear where the actual shooting happened or why.

The victims are believed to be Hispanic and in their 20s.

At this point, detectives don't have any suspects.

"We would like anybody with information to come forward and talk to us or they can contact Crime Stoppers and talk anonymously," Holbrook said.

The injured woman was taken to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital, where she underwent surgery.

Detectives are planning to meet with her to try to find out more information.

Follow Charly Edsitty on Facebook and Twitter.