- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 pieces raw eggplant, sliced about 1/8" wide with skin on
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 oz marinara sauce
- 4 Tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Method of Preparation:
1. Put olive oil in sautéed pan and heat on medium high heat.
2. Place eggplant into the sauté pan, fry evenly on both sides.
3. Drain off excess oil onto paper towels.
4. Dredge eggplant in the seasoning breadcrumbs, coating both sides.
5. Place 2 oz. of marinara on bottom of a baking pan and cover with 2 to 3 slices of eggplant. Add a generous amount of marinara, and 1-1 Tbsp grated Pecorino Romano.
6. Repeat process of layering.
7. Finish with the rest of the sauce, top with Romano & mozzarella cheese.
8. Place in 350 degree oven and cook until the mozzarella cheese is melted, approximately 10-12 minutes.
9. Served with a side of spaghetti with marinara.
WATCH: Winner, winner chicken dinner!
WATCH: This pizza recipe is better than delivery
WATCH NOW: Want A Great Bone-In Ribeye? Chef Cervantez of Killen's says, "It's all about the rub!"
Ronnie Killen's Famous Brisket
WATCH: Pad-King Tofu from Songkran Thai Kitchen
WATCH: Songkran Thai Kitchen and Grill's Famous Pad Thai
How To Make Sushi At Home
WATCH: Deconstructed Texas Wagyu Ribeye From B&B Butchers and Restaurant
The Crab Louis Salad at B&B Butchers
WATCH: Whole Stuffed Fish from Helen Greek Food & Wine