The Blue Bird Circle Resale Shop hosts annual Easter basket and egg sale

EMBED </>More Videos

The Blue Bird Circle hosts annual Easter basket and egg sale. (KTRK)

Right now is the time to hit resale stores to shop! Why? Because inventory is big this time of year with so many clearing their clutter.

Eyewitness News consumer reporter Patricia Lopez shows us one resale shop in particular that has great bargains to be found and all for a good cause.

It's one of Houston's oldest resale shops, The Blue Bird Circle. It's been open since 1959 and this time of year is extra special. It's their Annual Easter Basket and Egg Sale.

The 500 baskets take almost nine months to make, then they are sold at the resale shop and other retailers for $18.

RELATED
Create your Easter baskets from the Dollar Store


If you don't know about The Blue Bird Resale Shop, it's a treasure trove of spring decor, housewares, women's clothing and shoes, all at deep discounts.

There are the ultra high-end brands but also the typical mall brands like Talbots and J. Crew.

We also spotted used sofas and even one-of-a-kind art pieces. Prices at the store are on a sliding scale; the longer an item is in the store, the better the price gets.

For more unique finds, visit the shop at 615 W. Alabama in Houston. It is open from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday.

Both consignments and donations are accepted for sale at The Blue Bird Circle Resale Shop. Consignors are paid 60 percent of the amounts received for the sale of consigned items, and the remaining 40 percent that goes to The Blue Bird Circle is used to benefit The Blue Bird Circle Clinic for Pediatric Neurology at Texas Children's Hospital and other philanthropic activities of the Circle.

Learn more about how money earned by The Blue Bird Circle helps the Houston community.
RELATED
Shopping for designer duds for a fraction of the price at The Blue Bird Circle resale shop

Shop designer duds for a fraction of the price at The Bluebird Circle Resale Shop.

Report a typo to the ABC13 staff

Related Topics:
shoppingstretch your dollarsavingsshoppingsave moneyHouston
(Copyright ©2017 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments