Exploding barbecue pit burns four people at Las Vegas cookout

EMBED </>More Videos

A neighbor said four people were hurt when a propane tank exploded. (KTRK)

Four people are recovering after a violent blast at a barbecue in Las Vegas.

Neighbors at the apartment complex described how their homes shook on Sunday after an explosion ripped through a poolside cabana.

When crews arrived, they found four people with burns and various injuries.

The victims were places on stretchers and loaded into ambulances.

Resident Jastina Dumon said a propane tank was believed to have set off the fiery explosion that sent debris across the complex.

"I was like, 'Oh my God, that's crazy,'" Dumon said.

Dumon said two paintings fell inside her home after the violent rumble.

Investigators are now trying to figure out whether the explosion was sparked by human error or a faulty grill.

RELATED: Propane tank blamed for Stafford building explosion
EMBED More News Videos

An explosion at a business in Stafford rocked the area this morning

SEE ALSO: Massive fire destroys Harris County barbecue restaurant
EMBED More News Videos

Charlie's BBQ erupted in flames just before 6 a.m. at 8222 Airline, and fire crews told Eyewitness News that they had to let the fire burn out because there were not enough hydrants to extinguish the flames.

Men rush to help burn vctims after propane explosion in Dayton
EMBED More News Videos

Men rush to help burn victims after propane explosion.

Report a typo to the ABC13 staff


Related Topics:
newsexplosionburn injuriesbarbecuelas vegasu.s. & worldNevada

Load Comments