HOUSTON (KTRK) --If you're trying to sell your home, staging can make all the difference.
We worked with Anne Marie Hicks with Keller Williams - Memorial to get her best staging advice.
- Deep clean (windows, window screens, baseboards, light fixtures) - $0
- Clean and polish front door and dust off surrounding trim/siding. First impressions are everything. - $0
- Place a potted plant with annuals on the front porch. Greet your buyers with flowers. - $10
- Deep clean appliances, shine fronts of appliances & faucet, remove all magnets/clutter on surface of
refrigerator and de-clutter and clean under sink cabinets - $0
- Sell a lifestyle. Appeal to the emotions of buyers using what you have. Display two wine glasses and bottle of wine on a tray or two coffee cups on a tray with cream and sugar bowls or glass pitcher with two mason jars - $0
- Fill a candy dish with chocolates and place on the kitchen counter. Chocolate releases feel-good endorphins. - $5
- Fill a clear bowl with fresh lemons or bright green apples and place on the kitchen counter - $5
- Place new fresh white towels for bathrooms - $50
- Put in a new fresh white waffle shower curtain and open it to one side to make the bathroom appear larger - $15
- Display new luxury bars of soap - $5
- Place shells in a clear vase - $10
- Store all personal toiletries, perfumes, etc. in cabinets. Make sure the countertop is clear of clutter - $0
- Remove bathroom rugs - $0
- Keep toilet lids closed, especially for pictures - $0
- Keep trash cans empty - $0
FAMILY ROOM: (occupied home)
- Remove worn throw pillows - $0
DINING ROOM: (occupied home)
- Set the table - $0
For more on tips from Realtor Anne Marie Hicks, head to www.har.com/amh.