HOUSTON (KTRK) --An elderly couple is taken to the hospital after a fire Sunday morning.
It happened on Bremond Street in the Third Ward.
The couple and their grandson, Derrick Blackshire, all live in the home.
Blackshire said he was woken up this morning by his grandfather banging on his bedroom door.
Blackshire got up and then helped his grandmother out of the house. He said everything happened so fast after that.
"Next thing I know, the house went up in flames," said Derrick Blackshire.
Blackshire said his grandparents are in stable condition at the hospital and are expected to be okay.
Firefighters say the cause of the fire appears to be electrical.